I am honored to announce I have been nominated by the lovely and talented Cooking with Kids for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
It is humbling to be nominated. Thank you so much Cooking with Kids! She has an amazing blog and you should check it out by clicking on her blog title.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
If you would also like to read about my Versatile Blogger award click here.
So here we go!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in in January of 2016 because I wanted to connect with other teacher coaches and writers. Several friends had encouraged me to start a blog because they enjoyed my writing. I started and then took a hiatus but have come back with an intent to grow as a writer and a blogger. I regularly participate in the Two Writing Teachers blog Slice of Life weekly challenge and the March challenge.
2. What is your favourite food? And your least favourite?
My favorite food is pizza. I really could eat it everyday! My husband makes really great spaghetti too!
My least favorite food is kale. I hate me some kale. It always tastes like dirt.
3. What do you do in your spare time (apart from blogging?)
I read a lot. I always have a book on me and on my phone on my Kindle app. I also run. I like to spend time with my family too. We have a lot of fun.
4. If you had a superpower what would it be?
It is a toss up between being able to fly and to read faster!
5. What is the best place you’ve ever been to and why?
Park Rapids, Minnesota
My husband and I love this place so much we want to retire there as soon as possible! It is beautiful and there is so much to do. Our family loves to be in the water too.
6. How do you relax?
Reading and running.
7. Should pineapple go on pizza?
Nope. However, spinach and lots of cheese totally belongs there!
8.What is your favourite TV programme?
I actually have several. I love Survivor and Big Brother.
9. What is your proudest achievement?
I was in a situation where everyone kept telling me to go against what my heart was telling me. I went with my heart and have not looked back since! That decision has caused a lot of people to not be in my life anymore, but that is ok.
10. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. You can always add more layers, but there are only so many clothes you can take off!
11. You’ve won the lottery! What’s the first thing you do?
Travel to Germany for a month!
- Which opening line suits you best: Once upon a time… or It was a dark and stormy night...?
- What is the earliest reading memory you have?
- If you had five other lives to lead, what would you do in each of them? Don’t overthink – what do you think would be FUN!?
- What is the most treasured item you possess?
- Where do you write normally and where would you ideally like to write?
- What is a blogging tip you can share?
- Mountains or beach? Why?
- Coffee or tea?
- How do you recharge?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would you dine with?
a writer and her sentimental muse
peaks and pages
New Life Fresh You
About the Site