Every Tuesday I blog and share at twowritingteachers.org. Teacher writers share and comment on at least 3 posts.
My students’ last day was Friday. Today I am in an all day reading curriculum training. My last day is Thursday which means my full time writer schedule begins on Friday. I cannot wait.
One of the many things I love about kindergarten is the way my students have their own lens and ways of describing things. I keep a log of things that my students say so I can remember.
Here are some phrases I wrote down the last week:
- If we had ice cream hair we could just lick our heads.
- Overheard at the kitchen center: I am making scrambled berries with potato sauce and purple ketchup.
- Lull-a-pie (lullaby)
- “Your hair is excited for Thursday”
- “These are my July shoes.” (They are red, white, and blue.)
- “I have to sharpen my eraser.”
- “Push me to South Carolina!” (on the swings)
There were a lot of great things about this school year despite its massive amounts of pivots but I am ready to recharge and move forward. I know I am not alone in this sentiment.
Here’s to summer!
I will miss the words of my kindergarteners and am glad I have a document to school through to hear their words when I miss them.