I am always curious about what others are writing in their notebooks. Are you writing stories? Notes? Snippets? Memories? Following a template of some sort? It is different for me every day.
I heard Julia Cameron talk about that morning pages help you explore what you like, what you don’t, what you want more of and what you want less of. Some mornings I use those ideas as headings.
I wrote this morning, as I always do, but I will also write later because I am taking a writing circle class. I will work on my novel rewrite later as well.
What did I write today?
- A story that incorporated the words: enchanted, padded, syrup and Tahoe. [This is my #wordshare, Julie Paul, and Sarah Selecky words combined]
- A list of words that begin with O
- Operate was a word that I kept wanting to write over and over again so I started a snippet of a story using that word.
- I pulled my 3 tarot cards for today and wrote a few lines about them
- After looking at a memoir I am partially reading I wrote down lines about my Oma, a note to write about all the places I have been, a line I asked a co-worker that changed the trajectory of our relationship and a note to write about my wedding dress. [These are reminders of stories to write later.]
- I recalled the dream I had and wrote down what I remember
- I drew a doodle of a bunny rabbit holding a heart
- I wrote some sentences about the snow and that it is -5 degrees outside. I also wrote down some details about a conversation I had yesterday
- I made a small to do list of 2 items I want to get done by tomorrow