Two Writing Teachers run the Slice of Life tag ever Tuesday, where readers and writers are encouraged to write and share something about their life or day. You can check out the tag here.
Yesterday, was the first day back to school officially. The label was work day.
Delights of the Day
- I coached a client through text
- I connected with writer and educator friends
- I found a word wall feature in a Bitmoji classroom I was perusing
- I listened to some great podcasts while I went through files and books.
- I connected with my kindergarten team who are amazing women!
- I ordered bulletin board sets and remembered there was a time I couldn’t afford to buy much for my classroom. I spent hours cutting out items early in my career to decorate. During student teaching when I had no money I folded over packing tape 3/4ths and adhered it to a large sheet of cardboard to make a pocket chart. I remembered I have come a long way in knowledge and experience.
- I got my SMART board to work
- During my lunch time I revised my novel and gave myself a sticker
- My classroom is a few steps closer to being acceptable for teaching and learning