It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! We post the first Wednesday of every month. Our purpose is to share and encourage. I hope my post does just that.
Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions often offer advice or insight through personal experience. This month the question is:
November 7 question – How has your creativity in life evolved since you began writing?
I have always been a writer and interested in creativity. I think that I had a narrow definition of what creative meant even after all the creativity books I have read over my lifetime.
As I have lived I have opened up my perspective of what creative is and what it looks like. It doesn’t have to be a free spirit artist person – but it can be.
My evolution has expanded my thinking to knowing creativity is everywhere.
- It is in the lines that come to my head for writing that I now write down.
- It is the doodle I draw in my bullet journal.
- It is the new recipe I try for dinner.
- It is in the new thinking pattern I have from reading other blogs and other writers that fuel my own ideas.
- It is the walk I take among the trees and the whispers I hear from them to fill my heart.
- It is the way I look at paintings and short stories and novels and appreciate them and then how to unpack the elements to get inside the artist’s mind to learn something for myself.
Creativity is a beautiful lens to look through every day!