This exercise can be used for
- generating ideas for writing
- an exit ticket about a topic and you want to see how much the students have retained
- a braindrainer
- a get to know you activity for the beginning of a meeting or a classroom
6 things you should know about
- I am a reader and I love books.
- I am a runner – I have raced distances between 5K to 50 miles.
- I am an introvert with learned extrovert tendencies professionally.
- I am always learning – if you mention something I have never heard of I will look it up…right there.
- I love my family and put them first…now.
- I will trust you – until I don’t. And then we are done. When I mean done I mean it.
- I love to own books – I find them comforting and always have at least one with me.
- I would go on vacation just to visit bookstores – Seattle and Portland were visited for just that reason!
- I believe that reading is that gateway to all learning.
- I love to find books for people that they will love.
- I give away books so people will be encouraged to read.
- I take notes, write quotes and write reading responses. I find it fun.
- I started running when I was 35 because of the Biggest Loser.
- I decided I would try it and if I hated it I would stop – I gave myself a month trial period.
- I started racing and realized I was fast.
- I am part of several running teams.
- Some of the best times running has been with Girls On The Run with my running buddies.
- I run mostly in the early morning before work and also have mentored a group of marathon runners – I am usually mentoring someone running in an informal capacity anyway.
- I am a lego freak and builder
- I am 13 and have been offered 2 jobs. Bw3 and through a random letter in the mail.
- I like to hang out with friends and family.
- I went to Hawaii and stayed at a hotel with a skylight.
- My favorite subject is math and I feel smart doing it.
- I am a music nerd because I sing all the time.