I have a black leather notebook that I have gathered many notes, recipes, and starts of stories. There are lists and things that make me smile.
Take a peek:
Summer assignment based on an Italian teacher’s writing:
- Take a morning walk and think about the things you love most
- Use new words you learned
- Read as much as you can
- Avoid negative and empty people and things
- Feel how you feel
- Watch the sunrise
- Play sports
- Find enchanting people and tell them
- Review notes from classes or learning or books
- Be happy as sunshine
- Don’t swear
- Watch films with powerful dialogue
- Dream about how your life could and should be
- Be good
I agree with almost everything on this list except #12. #15 is subject to interpretation! haha
These phrases are written down, but I don’t recall why.
Approach the year reading secretly
First grade is dead to us
I give myself permission – to what?
Chores I Actually Enjoy (inspired by Lydia Davis’s poem)
The avocado salsa recipe is divine!!!