I have been listening to several productivity podcasts lately and have been contemplating what I do to get things done.
Here is my list for BE productive:
- I have a coffee ritual in the morning. I start my morning with my coffee and a slow movement out of the bed. If I do not do this routine I feel off for the rest of my day. The minimum time is 15 minutes
- I listen to my daily curated list podcasts on the way into work. I make notes of takeaways I want to remember and books or websites I want to look up later. Library holds are made if I can.
- I have to do a little bit of reading every day and a little bit of writing. Sometimes the writing looks like dictation into the phone app.
- When I arrive to my office, the projects I have to get done that day are scribed into my bullet journal and time blocks are set to work on them.
- For larger projects I have to get done that I’m having trouble focusing on, I will use the Pomodoro method which is extremely effective. I should use this technique more often!
- If I remember something that needs to be done I send myself an email from the car with a voice dictation.
- I feel better when I can run outside as opposed to running at the gym. The running keeps me mentally focused.
- My phone is almost always on silent so that I can not be distracted by it. I check it when I want to, not when someone else deems it their priority.
What are your productivity hacks?